CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 11, 2011

Remembering GG...

Sweet GG passed away on Saturday evening at 8:08 pm (04/09/2011). My mom, Aunt Monte and Jan were in the room with her when she passed. She was in no pain and it was a very peaceful passing, everything we were praying for.
I know we would have liked to have more time with GG, but God was ready for her to come home. In the end she had no fear, the only thing that filled her heart was love. Joel and I went to see her on Saturday morning and I will never forget the way the life came into her eyes as Joel sat down next to her to say goodbye. There was something so special about the light and love that filled her eyes during those last precious moments... I knew with all my heart just how much she loved our family and how much we meant to her. I can rest assured that GG left this life knowing what a tremendous impact she had on our lives.
GG saw straight through to the core of the people in her life. She didn't beat around the bush. She told you exactly how it was, whether or not you wanted to hear it :) But the thing that made GG special was the fact that her words were filled with nothing but love and concern. She never let any of your faults mold her opinion of you. And when it came to her loved one's success stories, she was our most enthusiastic cheerleader!
She never missed a moment to celebrate our wonderful family.
Whether we were celebrating a 2nd birthday party at Chucky Cheese...
... or listening to 15 different preschool classes sing their rendition of "Silent Night". GG was always there with her vibrant blue eyes and beautiful smile.
She always had a story or a memory for any occasion. I can't remember a time when she didn't have something to talk about :) Now I see where I get it form !
GG was such a proud mother. And why shouldn't she be? She didn't do too shabby ;)
But I know the one thing that made GG the proudest... her Grandchildren and Great Grandchildren!
I pray that I too some day will be posing for picture after picture with Austin, Colin and their children. And that I may fill them with a lifetime of memories.








Thank you for your gift of love,
now you're sharing it up above.
You always had many things to say,
all in a caring and thoughtful way.
You saw the good in everyone,
no matter what wrongs they might have done.
As we say a sorrowful goodbye,
a solemn tear drops from my eye.
I know your place in heaven will have a good view...
Because you're telling God,
I need to keep an eye on a few ;)
You will eternally be
in our hearts and mind.
So Grandma,
I must go, but I'll never forget you were one of a kind.


No comments: