CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 8, 2011

Cardiomyopathy

I have been having chest pains and shortness of breath for over a year. My prior doctor kept telling me I was simply having panic attacks. Well I felt there was something more going on for months so I took matters into my own hands and contacted a cardiologist. In the past two weeks I have worn a holter monitor, had an ekg, echo cardiogram, nuclear stress test and finally an angiogram. It was discovered that I have dilated cardiomyopathy which was caused by a viral infection that caused damage to the left ventrical of my heart. Thank God we caught it in the early stages. With the proper care, medication and support of my amazing friends and family I am sure that the cause of my demise will be of VERY old age :)

1 comment:

WML said...

Heather, I called Fran today and learned about your heart treatment. (I have been slow in getting to the news. I'm glad you were properly diagnosed and are feeling better.)
How are you feeling now?
You take care. Jesus loves you.
So do we,
Wilma