CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Magnum/ Magger-Snaggers

Magnum
March 22, 2002-December 03,2013
 
 
Over the past couple of days I have avoided vacuuming my carpet like I avoid explaining to Austin and Colin how baby Brycen got into my belly.  Now this is very strange for me because I have an unhealthy need to vacuum my carpet.... I LOVE seeing vacuum lines in perfect grids across the room, just like fresh cut blades of grass on a golf course.  On top of that  I had this furry little black bundle of craziness that would leave piles of dog hair all over my beige decorative rug. If I didn't give this nutty dog a 1/2 Benadryl twice a day during allergy season, I might have to vacuum my rug up to 4 times a day! And believe  me, I did.  Now all of a sudden, I don't want to vacuum up that hair :(  It's the last piece of that sweet little ball of fur/craziness/ allergies that remains in my house (besides the pee stains that will forever bedazzle my children's bedroom carpet, no matter how many times I have them professionally cleaned). 
 
Sweet Magnum passed away, very unexpectedly, two nights ago.  Magnum always had a flare for the drama.  This is the dog that had to be taken to Nana and Papa's any time we'd move into a new house (8 times in the past 10 years) because he'd go into a catatonic state of shock from all the changes happening around him.  This "shock" typically cost us a $400-$500 vet trip so they could rehydrate him and administer some puppy valium.  We quickly learned that it was much cheaper to drop him off and the parents house!  He also had a knack for faking injuries.  A horrible injury in the left front paw was miraculously cured the minute I turned my back to not pay attention to his every move.  And sometimes he'd forget that it was the left front paw that was hurt, and all of a sudden he was limping on the right front paw!
 
And then there was "Bang, Bang!"  This dog would roll onto his back the minute you yelled "Bang, Bang" and shot your finger gun at him.  The secret was, that any time you yelled at this dog his fist instinct was to roll on his back and show you how absolutely, irresistibly cute his belly was so you couldn't possibly be mad at him!   He'd wiggle his little paws at you and instinctually you'd have to bend down and tickle his sweet little belly.  Not such a stupid dog was he?  
 
Speaking of stupid dogs,  he was anything but stupid!  When Magnum was about a year old I used to make fun of him and call him the "Dumb Dog".  He just had one of those looks to him!  Joel would get soooo mad at me and tell me that it hurt Magnum's feelings. Did I listen...  Nope!!! One day Magnum decided he was fed up with me and refused to interact or even look at me!  Magnum would run to the opposite side of the room and stare into a corner the minute I walked into the room.  It took nearly 2 weeks of kissing this dogs ASS to earn his love again!  Boy, did I learn my lesson!  Don't make fun of Magnum!  He was so stinking sensitive. 
 
Yes... Magnum was a sensitive, sweet, head case of a dog.  I am going to miss getting out of bed and stepping on him in the middle of the night.  Kicking him side because  no matter what I am doing this dog is within a one foot radius of my feet.  Sweet Magnum... Thank you for gracing our lives and filling it with so much unconditional love and loyalty.  We will see you at the pearly gates of heaven buddy!  Please give Megan and  Juno some big kisses for us!  Tell Megan it's not cool to bite your ass so hard and let Juno know it's okay to do the humpy dance up in heaven ;)  Willard is going to miss cleaning your teeth and wrestling around the house.  Let's hope he doesn't get too fat with not having you around to eat up all the food!  Miss you buddy!

No comments: